Friday 18 February 2011

I have decided to keep the name of my restaurant as Mutton Quad. The theme of my restaurant will be based around 3D type, including the logo. I have decided to use 3D type rather than 2D, as i have never experimented with this in any of my other projects and i feel as though now is the perfect time. Another reason why i have decided on using 3D type is because after researching into what 'Mutton Quad' actually is i found many samples of metal type, which is also 3D. I plan on taking this old method of typography and giving it a modern twist, making it more irrelevant to my target audience.

These are some examples of the metal type i came across.




On this picture you can see how the typography is 3D. This is where i initially thought of having my restaurant themed around 3D typography, which will also work nicely with my title 'Mutton Quad'. Now i will start to look at modern 3D typography and see where that takes me.



No comments:

Post a Comment