Friday 18 February 2011

3D Typography

There are many different styles of 3D typography, so choosing one may take a while.



This first piece of 3D type has been built up by duplicating and placing together the same letters over and over again. This is one option i could possible use for creating my 3D type, but i am not totally sure whether i want to create a hand crafted typeface or a screen based one.



I have included these two images in my research as it shows the possibilities of how 3D typography could be incorporated into my restaurant design.  The Logo for my restaurant could be raised off the wall like the typography shown in the first image or be spread about outside the entrance of the restaurant. 


This is a typeface that someone has created from scratch by using graph paper. This paper allows you to create 3D objects,  all of which are at the right proportion. Out of all of these different methods of creating 3D type i am drawn more to this one. I with develop my own typeface and then create it in illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment